Monday, October 11, 2004

The Square Jungle

What have I gotten myself in to this time?

Why do I ask myself that question so frequently?

Why did I offer?

And here's what I got into now: Squares. Lots and lots of them!

To be pieced together into warm afghans and laprobes and (possibly) baby blankets.

Today, I was off (shut up!) so I dragged out the squares that my cyber friends at Native American Support have mailed me over the past several months. I actually put together two afghans and mailed them, oh, about 8 or nine months ago (was it really that long ago?) Anyway, I pledge to spend at least an hour a day working on these things, at least 4 days a week!

Here's what I accomplished today:



My crochet skills are rusty, so it's going to take longer than I'd like. But I will finish with these squares! And I will get the finished afghans mailed before Christmas. You saw it here!

And I made some progress on the Baby Bear Poncho:



I was right. Once the pattern was established, it's moving right along. Sorry about the fuzzy picture. (But if you are a regular reader, you're used to that!) I took pictures with and without flash. On a white ground, on the desktop. This is the only one of many that I could tell what it is! (And I know!) But the color is better (closer) than the one I posted before.

Oh, and here's what I found at the AAUW (American Association of University Women) book sale on Saturday:





The Kids Knits is just glorious!! I suspect I'll be showing off inside pages and making several of these adorable garments. Very classy. Classic. And the other two aren't chopped liver either!

Oh, andthere was a 4th. But it's going away soon (it's a duplicate of one I already have). With knitting instructions and vintage patterns.

I spent $11 all together and got 3 paperback novels, too.






Comments:
Pledge an hour a day, Becky! Before you know it, like me, you'll have a whole HOUR into the project!

Ann
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random