Monday, October 25, 2004

The Purple Gang

Okay, I admit that I love purple! It's my current favorite color, in fact. My favorite jacket is a short purple mohair number that not only fits well and is cozy warm, but is also purple, so there!

(Which makes me wonder whatever happened to my lifelong love of yellow-orange?)

Some (oh, hell, a lot) of the yarn in my stash is purple, with lovely names like lilac, lavender, plum, aubergine, eggplant, cassis, and velvet plum (doesn't that evoke images?). There's also a baby yarn in a color called Calypso, and even though the name doesn't sound purple, the yarn sure is purple!

But I digress ("yet again," my loyal readers are muttering under their collective breath).

It should come as no surprise that the most recent projects off my needles are purple.

First up is Sophie, a pretty little felted purse in Classic Elite Waterspun "Orchid."

She was a fast knit (2 days?) and a fast felt (2 trips through the washer by itself except for a runaway sock that was none the worse for wear after 2 16-minute HOT cycles.)

Sophie pre-


and post-




felting. Don't you just love that twisted handle?

And here's a lovely little scarf that took many weeks longer than necessary. I started it on a Labor Day weekend bus trip to Washington, DC, and finished it yesterday.

(obligatory bathroom mirror shot)

Note to self: Wash the mirror!




It's Fiber Trends pattern #AC-32 (Versatile Scarfs) using 2 balls of Austermann Marina (superwash merino). This pattern is well worth the price! It shows how to make a triangle scarf that doesn't wad up on your neck. It shouldn't be terribly hard for experinced lace-knitters to jazz it up a bit.

It was abandoned because I decided that I no longer wanted to give it to the ungrateful (rhymes with) witch that I planned to give it to when I started.

Then, one of the men-in-my-life commented that it would be a great color for another person (she's getting Sophie), and I decided that he was right. So I finished it up, got it really wet, spun it out and blocked it.

Now it's dry, waiting for Christmas. Or the day after tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random