Saturday, October 23, 2004

Needful Things

I got up early this morning. I get up early every morning, even when I don't have to (like this morning). It's a body clock thing.

So, this morning, I got up early, put on my robe, and sat quietly at the computer, reading e-mail and browsing the blogs I like (many more than are on my list) when it suddenly came to me: this room is a pig-sty!

Well, normally, I could just ignore that sort of revelation, but not this morning.

Note: there are no pictures of the worst of the mess!

I started by organizing the mess on my knitting machine table (close your eyes and picture so much stuff piled on the Bond that the cat was afraid to jump up there). Now, everything is sorted into 2 little baskets (plastic) and a bowl (ceramic), and I could actually cast on if I chose to.

I moved on to the basket-of-yarn scraps and threw away [!] all of the actual scraps and neatly balled up all of the odd balls.

Then I turned to (or is it on?) my needles. I gathered them all from everywhere. Any needle not actually actively involved in a project and threw them in here:



Then I matched up pairs, quartets, and quintets, put them into their sleeves (if they had sleeves) or into "pencil cases" by size if they didn't, and

Voila!




Isn't that a whole lot better?

And last night, I cast on a new project, Sophie , and here's how far I got:



I'm using Classic Elte Waterspun in Orchid. I sure hope it felts! Sophie is a 2 day knit plus felting/drying time. It's a present for someone who (I think) doesn't read these ramblings.

And I made some progress on Baby Bear:



I love how the reverse stockinette rows control the roll at the bottom! It gets bell sleeves with a similar edge treatment and a ribbon lacing at the neck, but I think I'll haul out my "Magicord" machine and do i-cord instead. It will look so much better than ribbon after multiple trips through the laundry!

And I rolled another ball for my second Lopi.




Comments:
Oh Ann, thank you for the nice Sophie bag! And yes, I do read these pages but that's ok, I'll pretend to be surprised ... *g*
 
Nice try, Janice!

Yarn and pattern, maybe. But the bag is going South, not North.
 
Well, can't blame a girl for trying. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to use my blue yarn for that bag, but it's luminescent -- truly it glows -- and it seems like a sin to felt it!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random