Tuesday, October 12, 2004

The Hours

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the other half's teaching nights this semester, so I had the evening, and all of its hours, to myself, mostly (okay, I had to make dinner, but the kid and I are both nursing colds, so we had "comfort food" -- macaroni and cottage cheese, aka "Nana Noodles").

Three hours of time to myself, to be exact. Divided neatly into 1 hour segments, thus:

1 hour on the Baby Bear Poncho (no progress worth photographing. Until I get the yoke finished and the sleeves started, it's just same old, same old. But I am making progress.

1 hour on the afghan squares. I figure that I am able to connect about 12 an hour. So this first 48 (6 X 8 ) square lapghan will take me another 2 hours to assemble, then about 2-3 hours to edge. Here's what it looked like before I put it away tonight:



(Yes, I clean up my toys! Shut up!)

1 hour on a new project. This one is for Ship Support and will be a neckwarmer, in midnight blue Cleckheaton Country 8-ply superwash wool. Nice stuff to work with. Having had a kid who served "over there," I really want to support the men and women even if I can't, in my heart, support The Man. If you get my drift.



Fact is, this one willlook pretty boring while I'm working on it, and just as boring when it's finished. But it serves the purpose. Just don't expect to see it every night!



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random