Monday, October 18, 2004

The Green Promise

Not much to say. Lot of mindless knitting accomplished on Baby Bear today. I'm past the sleeve breakout and finished with the increases. See?

I'm not crazy about the yoke patterning, or lack thereof. Maybe it's the way I read the pattern, but the back increases (not shown) call for working the new stitches "in pattern" which I took to mean "moss stitch." The front directions don't say anything so I worked that wedge, either side of the increases (lifted M1) in stockinette. It looks sort of like the photo (hard to see the pattern very well), but I'm not sure I like the way that looks. If you know what I mean, raise your hand or comment, would ya?

I think I will try this again in the geranium or the gold and work the baby cables into the back increases as stitches present, and maybe in the front as well. Or maybe just the moss stitch in the front. In any event, something a bit less plain the next time. Who the heck knows?

The hem treatment promises to be enlightening. It's just 6 rows of reverse stockinette. Will that be enough to prevent roll? And if it is, will it work on bigger ponchos and other sweaters?




It looks a lot bettter in person, or at least less lumpy. Surprising, though. I am not even halfway through the second ball of yarn (pattern calls for 3).

Tomorrow night will be a wash, I'm afraid. I won't be home until after 8. Then I'll be ready to crash....................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random