Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Corky

I have never been able to master the "corking spool" (aka, knitting knobby, horse rein maker, etc.). And I've never really needed to. Making i-cord on 2 double-pointed needles works just fine for me. I can churn out copious amounts of i-cord in very little time.

But my double-points have met their match!

Witness:



That's 30 inches of i-cord. Perfect stuff. Size 2 needle stuff. Sock yarn, don'tcha know! That nifty little gadget behind that bit of perfect i-cord churned it out in under 5 minutes!

This was my second try at using the magicord machine that I bought months ago when Bond America had them on sale at their website. I sincerely doubt that I will ever embellish lampshades with this cord, but as far as cord goes, it's pretty neat!

It has its limitations, though. Lighter-weight yarns and threads only. But that's okay. The heavier stuff goes fast on double-pointed needles.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random