Saturday, October 09, 2004

Baby It's You

I love making little things. Little hats, little sweaters, little socks. They go so fast and give me a chance to try out new yarns and new techniques without a lot of time and money invested. And I can always find a baby to wear them. If not an up close and personal baby, than a small needy person somewhere.

Ever since this arrived in the Summer of 2001, I've wanted to make one of these. "A poncho with sleeves."

Thursday, I started the "boy" one (on the left) -- collar, no ruffle, in the yarn on the left (Phentex Sport in Green that I bought from YarnPusher.com for a buck a ball. Do the math: less than 3 bucks for a cute sweater). Well, I got the collar down (love the beaded edge), but the pattern of the yoke eluded me (could it have been that I was trying to follow the pattern in a moving car at dusk--I was not driving!) And I decided that the yarn really feels like what it is--plastic!

And besides, I have this beautiful washable wool in the same weight, in a lovely spruce color (yarn on the right) that my friend Rabbitch sent me earlier this week. I think it's a much better choice. Don't you? (Do the math: free yarn, more fun to work with.)

Vote:

Hell, no, use the crappy green plastic_____

Are you kidding, use the wool_____

(not a hyper-link)

Decisions of the judge (me) will be final.


Comments:
I vote use the wool. I'll keep an eye out for more at Michael's. Can't believe I got that for 70% off! Even with the shipping it was less than it would have been full price ...
 
And some tiny little Sioux person will be grateful to you for the warmth!

I have similar Kroy in Geranium (hot pinque), Bright Gold, and a Rust Heather in sufficient quantity for sweaters like this. So much niocer than the plastique stuff!
 
It sure is, Becky.

Even so, I temper what I say. I know of people who have regretted what they blogged when friends, family and employers read it!
 
I've heard of folks loosing their jobs because of their blogs. This is not likely to happen to me, but I have managed to only tell a couple of folks about mine. Maybe when I've been at it a couple of months and am more sure of my writing--which my current job has managed to reduce to sound bites.

I'll gush. Your blog is great and is one of my regular reads. And I vote for the wool.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random