Thursday, September 09, 2004

The Year of Living Dangerously

No, not really, but lookie what I got:



It's a calendar! And patterns. Woo hoo!

Some twit on one of the lists called it a "waste" (actually, I believe she said she wouldn't have wasted the money had she seen the inside) because there was very little she wanted to make. Hey, twit! Open your mind a bit. Over 200 patterns for a mere $13.99 US or $19.99 Canadian?

Patterns from the first two weeks in January:




A sock, a tiny hoodie, a shawl that uses the Helen's Lace that I have stowed away so I won't think about how much it cost. . .that might soon become a shawl!? For my money, this is much better way to spend 14 bucks than the current issues of Vogue Knitting and Knit 'n' Style--and lots more patterns!

It's a nifty little box with a built-in stand and a magnet to hold it closed. The patterns are on individual pieces (not bound), so it's very portable!

And lest you think that all I'm working on is buying stuff (I'm not), here's a current WIP:



Body of the first Lopi (of three I plan to finish for Christmas--this Christmas!) and one sleeve. I should be ready to start the yoke this weekend.

And speaking of the weekend, I will be traveling to Baltimore on Saturday for a conference (back Tuesday night).

Tomorrow, however, I have a "mid-level VIP ticket" to hear John Kerry speak! I am so looking forward to it!








Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random