Thursday, August 12, 2004

The Longest Day

Lord, I hate late afternoon meetings. And there was one today. But it's over and I am home. We are in the final countdown phase, planning a bus caravan from our little corner of the world (eastern Pennsylvania) to Washington, D.C. on Saturday, September 4. Purpose: to join with our friends rallying in support of an end to American poverty. Hey, if you're going to dream, dream BIG!

This won't be the Million Man March, but we're hoping for a good enough turnout to get some attention from the folks who can legislate a difference. See you there?

And now, for the next entry for the fair.

I wish that I had taken progress pictures of these really neat mittens. They are modular, sort of, and very, very easy as mittens go, The hardest part (if there is one) is the seaming. It's all one long seam that wraps around the mitten


They are made with some of that dollar-a-skein yarn I picked up a few days ago and I was really wishing that I had reversed the colors (so that the cuff would be solid), but they are starting to grow on me.

They are called "Origami" (Japanese paper-folding) for very obvious reasons. The pattern is an on-line freebie available from Inknitters in their 2002 charity booklet. Scroll to page 6 for the mittens, or heck, download or print the whole booklet. There are a lot of good charity patterns in it.

First prize for children's mittens, knit, is $2.

If I were a rich man. . .





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random