Friday, July 06, 2007

Yet Another Math Lesson

I've updated the sidebar Yarn Countdown to a disappointing 8 balls used since June 5.


The thing is, I have been knitting up a regular storm. This past month's car knitting has been facecloths for a "blitz" TBA soon at a blog many of you admire. Feel free to cast on.

I got a Jump Start, so to speak, since I am privy to the blogwriter's innermost early morning thoughts. (And let me tell you, sometimes, it's scary!) So, I know what's coming, and I'm prepared!


Sixteen completed facecloths!

(That's a lot of car-time!)

But the thing is, mostly I used two cones (one pink the other blue ) and an odd bit of natural that I found un-speadsheetable. (Is that a word? It is now!)

Why, you ask are these yarny bits not on the spreadsheet? This is one of those times that The Rules of Spreadsheeting TM come back to bite you in the butt! Broken balls=not on the spreadsheet. And yet, those 16 face cloths amount to about 1600 yards (nearly a mile) knit up.

And Balls Purchased For Specific Projects=not on the spreadsheet also. So the yarn I bought for Anouk (6 balls of Elann.com Sonata) didn't make it to the countdown (that's about 800 yards not counted), but also didn't inflate the total, so I guess it's a wash.

When I add the +/- 1000 yards from the spreadsheet to the 2400 yards I'm not counting there, I come up with (ta dah) 2 miles of knitting in June. Not so shabby, huh?

And Now For the Confession: I have bought a lot of yarn in the past couple months. Yeh, yeh, I know I showed it off. Do I feel guilty? No, not really. All (okay, most) of (okay, some) it is for planned projects. I have several cute baby things in mind, and, of course, more Mittnz.

But some days (yesterday, today so far) I look back over my shoulder at the stash and wonder what's going on. If anyone has seen my mojo, would you please send it back? I can't seem to settle on a project.

Anticipation: The Other Half pointed out last night that the fair is looming ever closer. I wonder if it's possible to finish even the basics in time and to hell with the fancy stuff.

Note: this need to enter 10+ is self-imposed. One need enter only 1 item in 1 category. I have 7 weeks left to complete everything I want to enter! Better get cracking.

Movie Review: We rented Freedom Writers last night. Based on a true story. Hillary Swank is excellent as a white bread teacher in an inner city school. The kids are really good as well. Sort of To Sir, With Love set in California. Patrick Dempsey (Dr. McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy) is in serious danger of becoming type-cast as a self-centered jerk! Yep, he plays one in this movie, too. Nope, I don't find him (or that type) appealing.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Thanks (again) for the movie review. I request pretty much everything you recommend from the library -- you have become my Robert Ebert.

I too am heavily in the midst of a Sugar 'n' Cream knitfest -- bibs and warshcloths to sell at the Friends of the Libraries booth at the fair. And that heart-shaped one? Gonna steal, er, attempt to reverse-engineer that one.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random